Pimento cheese is easily one of my top favorite foods. I absolutely love this dip and could put it on/in almost anything. This recipe is so easy and keeps well for about 2 weeks if stored in an air tight container.
The ingredients are:
- 4oz softened cream cheese (I use veggie cream cheese for a little extra flavor but plain will work just fine)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt, pepper, sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon each: ground red pepper, smoked paprika (add more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8oz extra sharp cheddar cheese cut on the largest holes of a box grater
- 7oz jar of diced pimentos
Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, saving the pimentos for last. Gently fold in the pimentos until combined.
Since I have virtually no self control whatsoever, I like to put my pimento cheese into small portion controlled containers. I use 2oz condiment cups that you can get in any grocery store. This recipe makes 10 two ounce cups, perfect for grab and go snacks or lunches.
My favorite things to eat with pimento cheese are celery, wheat crackers, carrot sticks, and bagel chips. I also LOVE pimento cheese on a sandwich, with grits, in mac-n-cheese, and on toast. Really, I have never had pimento cheese anything that I didn’t like. There is a chicken place in my home town of Lexington that puts pimento cheese on their fried chicken….. HELLO LOVE OF MY LIFE.
Are there any ways you like to use spreads, like pimento cheese that are out of the ordinary? If so, leave them in the comments!