I was blissfully unaware of the liebster award (hello, I’m new here) until I was nominated by the Giraffe View Blog. She is a blogger who frequently posts collage style photographs around a specific topic. She also posts about music frequently. You can view her blog here.
For those who are like me, and have no idea what this award is, or what this award nomination means, allow me to explain. I did some reading and came up with the idea that this is more of a forum for community acknowledgement instead of an award. It is a semi-official way for bloggers to ‘nominate’ other new bloggers and welcome them to the internet world (which can be slightly uninviting at times). This award also works in a chain like fashion, with each nominee appointing other nominees as well. The rules from there vary depending on the resource, but generally it says that you provide random facts about yourself, nominate others for acknowledgement, and pose a question or two for your nominees to answer if they accept. Normally, I don’t like write about things that are outside of my wheelhouse, but in the spirit of community and paying it forward I am pretty excited about this post.
Giraffe View’s Questions with my response:
- What is your first memory? I actually have very few memories of my childhood. I was diagnosed with a thyroid disorder in my early college years and had a procedure to fix my thyroid; after that I have swiss cheese for memories. One thing I do remember is going to my great grandmothers house and falling in love with her curtains which were lime green with neon ballerinas all over them. After my visit I got a package with an apron made of that fabric. It is one of my favorite possessions.
- What is the best decision you have ever made? Traveling, absolutely. I have been so fortunate to be able to travel quite a bit. Each place I have been has taught me something new. The old saying that ‘travel is the only thing you can spend money on that will make you richer’ could not be more true.
- Which fictional world would you love to live in? I think this may sound absolutely silly, but I would love to live in the set of Greys Anatomy. Surgery, trauma, friends…. bliss.
- What is your favorite thing to read/write about? I love to write as a creative outlet. I often find that this involves cooking, crafting, and making realistic projects that are accessible to anyone. I also REALLY enjoy writing travel posts. I have not been able to do as many of those as I would like, but once I graduate in December (YAY) I plan to make this more of a regular occurrence.
- If you could meet any celebrity RIGHT NOW, who would it be? I am terrible at celebrity names, faces, and knowing who does what. If I could pick meeting someone I think it would 100% be a musician because I love going to concerts. If I had to pick, it would be the band that I am really loving, the Alabama Shakes.
Random Facts about me:
- I am a full time nursing student who loves trauma. I hope to work in the emergency department upon graduation so that I can put that love to good use.
- At one point in time I was selling some paintings as a sort of side hustle, but once I started school I had to stop taking commissions. I miss it sometimes but have realized how much more I love painting what I want instead of creating based on the vision of someone else.
- I have three cats which kind of happened on accident. I had one, adopted another, and (shortly after) the third one was found after being born in my backyard. I love them all but cannot handle ANY MORE CATS.
- Travel is one of my passions. I have been to several countries including: Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Belize, Costa Rica, and the Bahamas. These places all taught me different things and shaped me into the person that I am.
Everyday Sarah Jane (Visit her site here) I absolutely love her recipes for wholesome and healthy food, especially the roasted veggies. Her pictures are great and her posts are really sweet and well written. She is a jack-of-all-trades and I really love her restaurant reviews, book suggestions, and overall content that she posts. Go check her out, you will not be sorry!
Question for my nominee:
Out of all your wonderful recipes, what is your favorite thing to cook during the fall months?
I enjoyed this opportunity to engage with fellow small bloggers. I think that this is one of the beautiful things about blogging: allowing each individual to be part of a community of creatives who each have a different outlook and can share what they think or what they experience with people they would have otherwise never have interacted with. I really love the idea of collaboration over competition and this Liebster Award Nomination has allowed me to practice that, even if it was just for this post.