With my life in a constant ebb and flow between states, I need a constant rotation of great meal prep ideas. This one is so filling, so healthy, and the sauce keeps well for multiple weeks of use (if you make enough). It is a great marinade for grilled chicken kebabs as well!
First, start by making the sauce. Its peanutty, creamy, flavorful, and depending on how much red pepper flakes you put it can be a little spicy too (which I love). If you are putting your dressing on the side then I sprinkle the red pepper on top in the individual packets to make sure it each has just enough.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tamari or liquid amigos or even soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
After your sauce is made and mixed, you can combine your veggies. This is in NO WAY a hard recipe. Feel free to switch and swap it up. Other great additions would be cabbage, water chestnuts, proteins like chicken, shrimp, or steak…. the options are really endless.
- kale or other lettuce (kale stands up best if mixing dressing in, if not put dressing on side)
- red pepper, diced
- 4 carrots, shredded
- bean sprouts
- 4 ribs celery, dices
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed (unless using crunchy pb, then you can skip)
- 1/4 diced red onion
This is a great meal prep and I usually get about 3 lunches out of it. I like to use mini zip top bags to keep the dressing separate in, but whatever works! If you don’t use kale as your base (I like to switch it up sometimes) then the dressing is too thick and the other greens just don’t hold up as well so put it on the side.
What are your favorite meal preps? I’m always on the look out for new recipes to keep things interesting. Leave a comment below with any ideas or your favorite recipes.